Course summary – what will the student learn? *
PREVENTION, MANAGEMENT OF VIOLENCE, AGGRESSION & RESTRAIN TECHNIQUES – (PMVART)
· What is anger?
· What makes people angry?
· Signs of Agitation.
· Violence, Anger & Aggression.
· What happens when behaviour is not addressed or managed?
· Professional Role, Responsibility & Accountability
· Factors that influence behaviour.
· Stages of incident.
· How to stop things going from bad to worse.
· When the dust settles, what happens after an incident.
· Basic Life Support & UK Resuscitation Guidelines
· Anger Management.
· De-escalation Skills and techniques.
· The Control Trilogy.
· Body Language
|· Group Exercise, Legal Issues and Top Tips.
· Physical Response to Behaviour – Practical Restraint Techniques.
· Break Away Techniques and Team Physical Intervention (Practical)
· The calming stance
· Preservation Stance
· Brush Off Response to Biting
· Response to Hair pulling
· Response to kicking
· Response to strangling
· The Escort hold
· The forearm hold
· Record keeping & documentation
· NHS Guidelines
· Mental Capacity Act & DoLS (Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards)
· Lone Working
· Effective Communication Skills
· Post incident Review, Monitoring & Clinical Audits.